Monday, November 10, 2008

The Palin Boycott

I have been irritated lately by all of the attention Sarah Palin continues to get. Watching the Giants-Eagles game last night, I must have seen 10 commercials touting an upcoming appearances by her on the Today Show. Palin is also slated to be on Fox News for an interview, and she just sat down with the Anchorage Daily News. I have even been seeing stories that there may be a talk show or some kind of entertainment career in the cards for the Alaska governor.

While some people may be dying to hear more from Palin I have one word for all of this:

Enough.

I have had it with Palinapolooza. As a result, I am going to take a stand. Starting after this post is saved, I am instituting a permanent boycott of Queen Sarah. I can't take it anymore. News flash to the news stations: PALIN LOST. She lost. And not only that, but she and John McCain were crushed. I can't remember a loser ever getting this much attention. Bill Buckner has gotten less attention since 1986 than Palin has gotten in the last week!

From here on out, I will try my absolute hardest to avoid writing any Palin-centric posts unless I think the story is meritworthy. Where I have to mention her, I will not even use her name.

I realize that with T2L's small readership, our boycott of Palin might not make ripples in the world, but hopefully we can start a trend here and lead to the point where everyone on earth will start actively ignoring Sarah Palin. One can only hope.

No comments: