Saturday, December 20, 2008

Oh the Irony!

Am I the only one who sees the delicious irony in a piece from today's New York Times which describes New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo as "fuming" and being "driv[en] crazy" by Caroline Kennedy's ascendence as the frontrunner for Hillary Clinton's Senate seat? It was certainly nowhere to be found in the article.

I hate to be judgmental -- hey, it's what I do -- but Andrew Cuomo is one of the most unlikeable politicians I've ever seen, and I know all about loser politicians given the governor of my homestate New Jersey. And really, to be honest, Cuomohas a face I just don't trust. But most important, if his last name were not Cuomo, the guy might be shining shoes in the Port Authority Bus Terminal on Eighth Avenue. However, unfair and reprehensible Kennedy's behavior is in going after a position she has no business chasing, Cuomo is the last person who should be bitching about it.

I don't know what's better: Lisa Murkowski being upset about being potentially primary challenged by Sarah Palin, or Andrew Cuomo fuming about how unfair Caroline Kennedy's actions are. Man, politicians are a different breed. The basic rules of hypocrisy just elude them.

No comments: