Saturday, December 13, 2008

Campbell Overload

Is it just me, or does it seem that there is an ad for Campbell Brown's CNN show on every webpage on the Internet? It seems like everywhere I turn, I see Campbell's smiling face and how her show is all about 'no bias' and 'no bull.' There's no question that Campbell is easy on the eyes, but I still don't think I will be watching her show much for what it's worth.

Incidentally, this deluge of ads reminds me a tremendous amount of when CNN was hyping the now-departed Paula Zahn's new show after she left Fox News. Like Brown, Zahn is pretty attractive, and CNN worked her profile to the hilt. Still, we all know how that turned out. Brown, who was plucked from MSNBC should be careful and not take her new-found news stardom for granted. Personally, I give her show a year.

No comments: